Saturday, October 11, 2014

Omurice or Japanese Omelette Rice


You may be curious what is:

Omurice or Japanese Omelette Rice it’s made exactly like an omelette in that the chicken rice was wrapped in a thin sheet of egg. 


“Omu” is an abbreviation for “omuretsu” (omelette pronounced with a Japanese accent) and “rice” (pronounced raisu) refers to the sweet and savory chicken rice it’s filled with.

It's been on my mind lately to make Omurice because of the anime and manga I been reading, even some novel I read make it as there menu especially to be eaten every morning, and since I'm in semi vacation why not try it right? 


So I researched many video and information in the web regarding how to make one, 
(one of the advantage when you have a wifi at home) and I can say its quite easy to make it I'm glad, and I'm looking forward setting our kitchen on fire- I mean cooking yea cooking it. ahahah  my sister really happy when I told her I'll make one. 

Enough chit-chat and let me teach you how by baby-step instruction!


 Ingredients


 chicken 
1 small onion
1Tbsp butter
1 tsp oil
  cooked rice
1/4 tsp salt
pepper
ketchup

egg crepe

2 eggs
salt
1 tsp oil






chicken from KFC


rice


scramble egg


red onion 




Instructions
  1. Cut chicken thigh into 1" pieces. Cut onion finely.
  2. Melt butter and add oil in a frying pan at medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add onion and cook until onion becomes translucent.
  3. Add cooked rice and cook mixing for 2 minutes. Season rice with salt and pepper. Make room in the frying pan and add ketchup. Cook only ketchup for 30 seconds to cook it down. 
  4. Place half of the rice into a rice bowl or similar kind of bowl, pack lightly.
  5. Beat eggs and a pinch of salt together. Heat frying pan with 1/2 tsp oil. Pour 1/2 of egg mixture onto hot frying pan and make a crepe-like thin round egg sheet. Cover molded rice with egg sheet to form an oval shape. 




Melt butter and add oil in a frying pan at medium heat


Add chicken and cook for 1-2 minutes


Add onion and cook until onion becomes translucent


Add cooked rice and cook mixing for 2 minutes. Season rice with salt and pepper. and the catsup


The catsup is optional


Heat frying pan with 1/2 tsp oil. Pour 1/2 of egg mixture onto hot frying pan 

Put the rice you make above and at the middle of the scramble egg

Cover molded rice with egg sheet to form an oval shape.



TA-DA~

Mine
For my little sister

I'm glad it turn out right, eatable and presentable, 
all my hard work paid off! ahahaha my critics love it and want an encore. Sorry about some poor shot of the picture kinda in panic mode when I'm cooking while taking some picture.


Have you tried making it? share and let me know!


Stay tuned for more food tutorial!







No comments:

Post a Comment